Find Support & Education
Reaching out to people at the Alzheimer Society of Calgary saved my life. They really understood, and didn’t judge me."
Best Friends Associate Trainer Workshop
2018 - TBC TBC
Alzheimer Society of Calgary office - Centre 70 Building (800 - 7015 MacLeod Trail SW)
If you're looking to bring evidence-based best practices in dementia care to your organization, this workshop may be the right fit for you.
This two-day program will help you develop as an in-house trainer and resource person for your organization. Following this workshop, you'll be able to teach, coach, and mentor your coworkers in the internationally-acclaimed, person-centered philosophy of care known as the Best Friends Approach(TM) to Dementia Care.
You'll receive many direct benefits, which include:
• Learning new approaches to dementia care using the Best Friends model of care
• Gaining insightful, in-depth knowledge and understanding of dementia
• Mastering techniques that will help you communicate effectively with individuals living with dementia
• Understanding behavior changes that take place and gaining strategies to respond appropriately to these changes
• Learning how to design meaningful, person-centered activities for an individual with dementia
• Understanding adult learning principles and mastering the art of coaching other staff members to develop the above core competencies.
Price includes your training materials and your individual training package
$400 (Please call us at 403-290-0110 to process your payment)