Find Support & Education
As a first step towards acceptance of the changes in my husband [after his diagnosis] I made a phone call to the Alzheimer’s Society of Calgary to sign up for a course. After explaining my intent, and before anything else was said, the person on the other end of the phone asked, “How are you doing?” So unexpected, so sincere, so compassionate, so moving. We chatted for a long time.
Best Friends Associate Trainer Workshop
Friday Nov 24th & Monday Nov 27th 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Alzheimer Society of Calgary office - Centre 70 Building (800 - 7015 MacLeod Trail SW)
If you're looking to bring evidence-based best practices in dementia care to your organization, this workshop may be the right fit for you.
This two-day program will help you develop as an in-house trainer and resource person for your organization. Following this workshop, you'll be able to teach, coach, and mentor your coworkers in the internationally-acclaimed, person-centered philosophy of care known as the Best Friends Approach(TM) to Dementia Care.
You'll receive many direct benefits, which include:
• Learning new approaches to dementia care using the Best Friends model of care
• Gaining insightful, in-depth knowledge and understanding of dementia
• Mastering techniques that will help you communicate effectively with individuals living with dementia
• Understanding behavior changes that take place and gaining strategies to respond appropriately to these changes
• Learning how to design meaningful, person-centered activities for an individual with dementia
• Understanding adult learning principles and mastering the art of coaching other staff members to develop the above core competencies.
Price includes your training materials and your individual training package
$400 (Please call us at 403-290-0110 to process your payment)