Find Support & Education
Reaching out to people at the Alzheimer Society of Calgary saved my life. They really understood, and didn’t judge me."
Best Friends Associate Training
October 25 & 28 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Alzheimer Society of Calgary - 800 7015 MacLeod Trail SW
This workshop is ideal for healthcare professionals who work with older individuals, people living with dementia or responding to changing behaviours.
Without advanced dementia-specific training, it can be extremely challenging and exhausting for healthcare professionals to work with people living with dementia. In addition to creating significant changes in behaviour and personality, dementia affects a person’s thinking, judgment, communication skills and ability to function independently.
Give yourself the knowledge and practical skills you need to succeed.
The Best Friends™ program will provide you with:
- Strategies for preventing and reducing challenging behaviour changes caused by dementia
- Effective communication techniques
- Methods for creating meaningful activities to engage the person living with dementia
- Effective caregiving strategies and best practices based on the renowned Best Friends™ model of care
- Certificate of achievement upon completion