When you give to the Alzheimer Society of Calgary, the impact of your gift is
- and stays 100% local.
You're creating essential life changes for people directly affected by dementia. Funds are vital to this community and ensure families have access to the programs and services they need to cope. In fact, the need for your help has never been greater: Today alone, another 8 people in Calgary will develop the disease. Currently, there are more than 12,000 individuals living with dementia in Calgary, and a further 10-12 additional people impacted as a result of each person diagnosed. With the number of cases of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias set to double over the next 20 years, we must adapt to the growing need in our community.
Since 1983 the Alzheimer Society of Calgary has advocated for families by being there to support and guide them through their journey, but we can’t do it without you. By working together, we can make sure local people can continue to access the information, support and care they need to live life well.
How much does it take to make an impact?
Your gift of any amount is appreciated and goes directly to work in supporting the local community. Here are just a few examples:
- $100 Provides relief from worry, stress and loneliness for 4 caregivers through confidential telephone support services
- $250 Enables 12 people with dementia to experience an emotional lift through exhilarating activities at the Club 36 Adult Day Program
- $500 Reduces social isolation and promotes mental health and wellbeing for 10 at-home caregivers through confidential support and support group activities
- $750 Empowers caregivers with new strategies to manage changing behaviours and communication challenges with their family member
- $1,000 Helps 80 family members and caregivers gain confidence and an increased understanding of dementia and associated risk reduction
- $2,500 Creates a unique opportunity for more than 100 impacted family members to learn from a renowned dementia specialist and feel positive community connection
- $5,000 Enables 12 people with dementia to build their confidence and self-esteem by engaging in intergenerational, evidence-based art activities over a 3-month period