Best Friends Associate Trainer Training™
- Work with older individuals, including people living with dementia? (and/or)
- Need to respond to challenging behaviours at times?
If so, this Best Friends Approach™ workshop may be the perfect place to begin.
It can be difficult for healthcare professionals to care for people with dementia in the absence of having sufficient specialized training. This is because dementia often affects a person’s thinking, judgment, communication skills and ability to function independently. It can also affect a person’s behaviour and personality.
Give yourself the knowledge and practical skills you need to succeed in providing the best care possible.
The Best Friends Approach™ course will provide you with:
- Strategies for preventing and reducing challenging behaviour changes
- Effective communication techniques
- Methods for creating meaningful activities to engage the person in positive ways
- Effective caregiving strategies and best practices based on the renowned Best Friends™ model of care
- Certificate of achievement upon completion
We are a proud proponent and exclusive licensee of the Best Friends Approach™ in Alberta, a well-recognized, person-centred approach based on the Best Friends philosophy of care. It was developed by David Troxel & Virginia Bell and is widely practiced in Canada, U.K., U.S.A. and Australia.
Contact us for information on attending the Best Friends Approach™ workshop.