There isn’t a simple “one-size-fits-all” solution when it comes to dementia care.
You might have common questions about the next steps, including:
- Is there a "right time" to consider senior housing?
- What types of options are available?
- Does the government provide assistance?
- What is the process?
- What are the costs involved? Is financial assistance available?
- Is there a wait? If so, how long?
- How do I choose the best one to fit our needs?
- Who should I speak with?
Here’s a great place to start:
Unison for Generations 50+
They publish Senior’s Housing Directory every year. It lists the various types of housing available, including options for people living with dementia.
Alberta Health Services Home Care
Contact a Home Care Coordinator to support you in making any decisions. It’s common to feel overwhelmed, but there is help for you and your family and caregivers.
Transition Services (Alberta Health Services)
A transition services nurse will provide an assessment to determine what level of care your person requires. They can answer questions about the transition process and help you narrow your search.