Forgetfulness and lapses in memory happen in both normal aging and dementia, but there are key differences.
Take a look at the common signs listed below to help you explore is it normal aging or possibly dementia? If you are concerned about any of these signs in yourself or a family member, please consult a doctor immediately.
10 Warning Signs of Dementia
1. Memory loss
2. Difficulty with familiar tasks
3. Difficulty with language
4. Confusion of time and place
5. Poor judgment
6. Problems with abstract thinking
7. Misplacing things
8. Changes in mood and behaviour
9. Challenges understanding visual & spatial information
10. Withdrawal from work or social activities