Who We Are
The Alzheimer Society of Calgary is a local non-profit organization. For thousands of local families impacted by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, this is where community, insight and empowerment begin.
We work to ensure that people impacted by dementia have access to high quality education, care and support throughout their journey of impact.
Charitable Registration Number: 13072 5740 RR0001
In a nutshell, we are:
- A convenor bringing stakeholders together to ensure that people with dementia, their family members and care partners have access to high quality education, care and support across the dementia care continuum in Calgary and surrounding areas.
- A source of community, insight and empowerment for the local community
- A leader in the provision of high quality, evidence-based programming
- A proud proponent and exclusive licensee of the Best Friends™ Approach in Alberta
- A voice and an advocate
- A funder of local research initiatives exploring cause, cure and psychosocial issues.
Our funding is sourced from:
- Key partners and funders (30%)
- Private and corporate donations (70%)
We're proud to serve the local community
Our area of focus includes Calgary and surrounding region
- North to Didsbury
- East to Strathmore
- South to Carmangay
- West to the B.C. border