Club 36 is a favourite for people with dementia and their caregivers in Calgary.
Benefits for caregivers
- “By giving me a chance to ‘recharge my batteries’, I have more energy to care for my husband at home.”
- “This one day each week provides me with the freedom to arrange my schedule and activities to focus on myself and some of my personal needs.”
- “It gives me time to relax.”
- “It gives me time to renew myself and to get the chores done!”
- "I don't know what I'd do without Club 36! It really gives me the break I need to be able to keep him at home for a little longer."
- "I could not have made it without you."
- "An absolute lifesaver."
- "I cannot tell you how very thankful I am for the terrific care, service and love you give to my mom..."
Benefits for participants
- “This program helps stimulate my mother’s awareness. Since attending the program, she has taken more of an interest in life.”
- “It gives him purpose. My father feels that he is going there to work and assist others.”
- “My husband has made friends and they laugh and have fun together.”
- "She looks so forward to going as she loves being with all of you."
- "Dad looks forward to his men's group. He sees it as a great place of belonging and making new friends. He's doing things we never thought we'd see him do."
- “The Club allows my mother to have some activities outside the home in a safe, comfortable environment.”
Adult Day Program /About Club 36
Adult Day Program /The Best Friends Approach™
Adult Day Program /Opening Minds Through Art
Adult Day Program /Music At Club 36
Adult Day Program /Daily Activities At Club 36
Adult Day Program /Who Will Take Care Of My Family Member?
Adult Day Program /Improvisation At Club 36