The Alzheimer Society of Calgary is still offering professional education sessions online during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please contact us for more information or to enquire about seting up a professional training session.
Why invest in Professional Training?
Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed on the job.
If your work involves providing care for people with dementia, consider learning with us. We’re proud to offer industry-leading workshops focusing on best practices in dementia care that help increase your confidence and capacity to provide top-quality person-centered care to persons living with dementia
Types of training available online:
The Best Friends Approach™ workshop provides advanced, dementia-specific training for healthcare professionals.
The course will provide you with:
- Strategies for preventing and reducing challenging behaviour changes
- Effective communication techniques
- Methods for creating meaningful activities to engage the person in positive ways
- Effective caregiving strategies and best practices based on the renowned Best Friends™ model of care
- Certificate of achievement upon completion
We are a proud proponent and exclusive licensee of the Best Friends Approach™ in Alberta, a well-recognized, person-centred approach based on the Best Friends philosophy of care. It was developed by David Troxel & Virginia Bell and is widely practiced in Canada, U.K., U.S.A. and Australia.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.